Make a referral
Healthcare Professional Referral
As a health professional you may be aware of the work Live Lighter Sheffield is doing across the city. Our weight management courses are free to individuals and their families but sometimes people feel the support and direction of a professional helps them make up their mind.
This is where you as a professional health worker can help provide that reassurance to your patients.
If you’d like to know more about Live Lighter’s role as an accredited NHS weight management programme supported by Sheffield City Council please get in touch
About 70% of our referrals come from healthcare professionals. Please refer your patient here.
- To be eligible to take part in free face-to-face sessions, or to access the virtual support sessions, clients must have a BMI over 25 and live in Sheffield.
- Clients can self-refer or be referred by a Health Professional.
- Clients are encouraged to access 12 group sessions for maximum result and sessions must be completed within 6 months.
Volunteering with us
- Do you have a passion for nutrition or physical activity?
- Want to give back to the community?
- Do you speak multiple languages?
- Looking for practical experience in a professional health environment?
Make a difference. Get in touch with our team today on 01142702043 or leave us a Facebook Message to enquire.
I’m learning to cook again! So Live Lighter Sheffield is helping me gain confidence, improve my skills and steadily lose weight. I’d like to say a big thank you to Olivia for all her support.
Live Lighter Sheffield is helping me reset my thinking when it comes to healthy eating and helping me make better choices around food and nutrition. I’m already starting to see positive results.
The Zoom sessions have been very useful and informative and a lifeline to still feel connected and not 'forgotten' in the madness of the pandemic. I can’t thank the team enough for their support.